When it comes to leadership, it’s all about how you show up as a leader. Yes, the direction you are taking the company toward is important but…How you lead and direct your team is also critical for success.
The attitude you display, the words you speak, your body language, how you behave under pressure all influence how others see you and your success in effectively leading your team.
Leaders are not merely valued for their competencies, knowledge or experience –in fact, their core values and ethics define them. In tough times, these leaders can inspire teams by their personal brand and what they stand for. This is what separates great leaders from mediocre ones.
And it all comes down to how they show up… let’s outline some basics you should adhere to as the leader of your organisation…
1. Dress the part –Like it or hate it but perception is reality. People will see you as a serious leader based on how you dress and power dressing can also help you play the part well. It’s all about mindset.
2. Play the role –Leaders are often perceived as bold, fearless, confident individuals who are great at public speaking. Lack in any such area …? Go fix it.
3. Be authentic –One of the most endearing and critical of leadership qualities is authenticity. You can only enlist your team in your vision if they trust you. Build your own voice.
4. Listen more –Show your team you care –if you’re not listening actively, what message are you sending across?
5. Be honest –Give constructive feedback and also praise where you need to. Balance the two and you will build a great, honest culture and a highly productive team.
If you would like to learn more about your leadership style and ‘How To Recruit & Lead Your Team To Greater Results’, then come along to our half day workshop Tuesday 26th February. Click here for more details & to register your place today.